Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Where do all the tourists go?

I just learned that France is the #1 country for tourists to travel to...in the world. Never knew that. Thanks to D's new atlas, I plan to learn beaucoup de new facts about this great world o' ours. I'll also be learning the names of the countries in French. I hope that's not going to be a problem for me in the future. Pretty soon, I'm going to be forgetting that I'm from the USA, but instead from Les Etats-Unis. I'm also really excited to present these facts to my tutor. She's always wanting me to learn new things and talk to her about them in French. Friday, I plan to tell her that France is the #1 tourist destination in the world. She'll probably look at my like I'm crazy and that I should have known that she already knew that since her husband is the director of Annecy's tourism office. Whatever. I'll play dumb.

I made my third quiche the other day. Trying to impress my sister-in-law, Jill, that I can cook "french" food. Well, I recently bought some cinnamon for a dessert I made last week. As I'm throwing all the ingredients together for this FAB-ulous quiche, I accidentally grab the cinnamon instead of the nutmeg. Oops. I tried scraping as much of it out of the mixture as possible. It was a bit sweet and definitely made the apartment smell nice as it was cooking. We did eat every bite.

Thanksgiving's coming up and I'm sad that I'll probably be eating cheese fondue instead. My sister-in-law and I discovered an exotic bird sanctuary near this over-priced hotel in Annecy. There were these gorgeous birds that looked like they belong to the turkey family. My mouth was watering just looking at them. I wanted to catch one...have someone else kill it, feather it, and cook it...so that I could eat it with homemade stuffing, green beans with crunchy onions on top, sweet potatoes with marshmallows melted on top, buttery mashed potatoes, enough cranberry sauce to make me sick...Oh, I'm so sad...

No comments: