Sunday, February 03, 2008

Surrounded by knitting WIPs.

I've started a few more knitting projects this week. At the moment, I'm working on 4 WIPs (works in progress). While working away at my Wicked sweater (see below), I got a bit antsy to start my first pair of socks (ever!). The distraction was not good because I spaced on where I was in the pattern (doing some increases) and ended up doing only one out of the requested six increases. So right now the sweater looks shorter than it does in this photo since I've ripped out several inches yesterday.

Friday, I started my first pair of socks and so far, I'm really enjoying them. I love the yarn. It took me about three tries to get started but the pattern is explained in excruciating detail which is perfect for me. It's like the designer is holding my hand while I knit the socks. With five double pointed needles flying around my face, I'm thankful for wearing glasses.

Then, I bought a few skeins Colinette bulky yarn on sale thanks to my friend, Sylvie, for passing on the information. I received my yarn on Thursday and immediately fell in love with this ball of yarn. With this yummy goodness, I decided to knit up a neckwarmer for myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, can't wait to see your socks and neckwarmer thursday !

cinnamongirl93 said...

Hi There, I am starting Wicked too!!! Love the colors of your new yarn. Also the texture is fun too!!

Jennifer said...

Love those multi-colored yarns! How fun. I can't wait to see the finished items.

Penny said...

You've got some great colours there. love the new masthead BTW

:)

The Late Bloomer said...

WOW, those last two, the socks and the neck warmer, are so beautiful and colorful! I can understand why you fell in love with that yarn -- I love it too!