Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Resolutions, smesolutions.

I haven't taken the time to write up my 2008 new year resolutions yet. As I type this, I'm looking at the ones I picked for 2007 some have changed and some remain the same. I did learn how to drive our car and actually ran an errand all by myself yesterday. I kinda sorta stopped doing yoga. I did start cooking more thanks to my friend Sylvie. I did start blogging more than I did during my first year in France. I learned to knit and now love it. Of course, I've been improving my French. Actually, I still think I talk horribly, but TH and my tutor would disagree.

Here's what I got so far for this year. Some of them are continuations from last year and some of them will be on my new year resolutions list for the rest of my life...

  • Continue improving my French.
  • Spend less time in my head and be able to just let things go.
  • Swim, swim, swim until I grow gills or possibly get up the guts to try a triathlon.
  • Continue learning new easy, healthy recipes.
  • Talk more French at home. Not with myself, but with TH.
  • Learn how to cross-country ski/skate.
  • Learn how to crochet.
  • Stay healthy.
  • To be continued...

4 comments:

Monkey Butt's Mom said...

I wonder why I ever even bother with resolutions. I resolved to take a French course last year and didn't. I did try, but my darling husband screwed that one up.

So, I wish you well in your French studies. I would be willing to bet your French is much better than you give yourself credit.

Anonymous said...

Yay, you're brave to make resolutions ! :-)
I hope we'll go cross-country skiing together, and I can't wait to see you start crocheting !! :-D

Leah said...

Good luck with all your non-resolutions. I really don't like that word, haha. Hope you achieve what you want in 2008!

The Late Bloomer said...

I can't remember the last time I actually made a New Year's resolution... I think I gave up on those years ago! I guess because I figure there are so many that I don't stick to. Then again, it would probably do me some good to set myself some specific goals once again; I feel like that's something that's lacking in my life. And I probably should resolve to set myself a BUDGET for once in my life! That would be a good start... That and actually getting back to my drawing again, and maybe one of these days doing some kind of exercise -- ugh!

BTW, Happy Belated New Year! I'm just trying to get back into the blogging groove... A plus!