Wednesday, December 12, 2007

In English, please.

I lead an English conversation course for a group of retirees. Stop me, if I'm repeating myself. It's like pulling teeth trying to keep them on track with only speaking in English. It's a pretty laid back group so it's not against French law or anything if they do veer off the path and have a conversation in French, but it tends to get annoying. Tuesday morning, we had class. I'm still adjusting to the time change thus I rolled out of bed, hair not brushed, yet teeth brushed. I arrive to the class wearing my new winter coat...price tag still on. At the end of the class, we had a little party to celebrate the coming out of this year's Beaujolais Nouveau. They brought cheese, bread, and sliced deli meats to accompany the wine. I was pretty out of it, but was aware that my glass was constantly being refilled and that they kept pushing me to eat more in order to prevent the wine from affecting me. One gentleman even told me to eat a lot in order to keep warm since it's so cold outside. I can't remember when I had a man tell me to eat more. I think I found my new best friend.

No comments: