Thursday, November 08, 2007

More knitting and less coughing.

I went to the doctor and I have a bronchial infection. Hooray! Surprisingly, he was very nice to me during this appointment. Possibly because I was one of his last patients for the day? After leaving his office, I immediately walked into the nearest pharmacy to load up on my antibiotics and other necessary meds. The woman behind the counter taps my information into the computer, takes my Social Security card, and then asks me if I have mutual insurance. For those who don't live in France, the mutual covers the rest of the medical fees that Social Security does not. We don't have it. Thus far, TH and I have felt we don't really need it yet. So my answer to her question was "no" and then I got quite a judgmental look from her like, "Oh no, I hope you can afford to pay for the leftover cost of these medications." Excusez-moi? Don't judge. Yes, I can afford to pay the remaining 12 Euros for the medications that will finally allow me to sleep, breath, and taste my food again, thank you very much. So far, I'm feeling a slight improvement. But, this morning I wake up to TH not feeling so spectacular. Poor guy. This sickness needs to get out of our apartment ASAP.

And the photo is of a fingerless mitten I finished this week. I'm currently working on the second.

9 comments:

Victoria said...

my co-worker is always wearing fingerless gloves (it's chilly in our office). she would love those!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better, everyone seems to be sick at the moment!

French for a While said...

As someone who loves to cycle, I could use some of those warm looking gloves now that it's a bit colder. :)

Jennifer said...

I love your color choices. Nice work!! I hope you feel better soon, Darin too.

Karen said...

Glad that you are starting to feel better. The fingerless gloves look great and perfect for this FREEZING cold weather that were having. The snow has arrived!

Claudia - La Casa nella Prateria said...

Really funny! As an italian living in France I have seen that "I hope you can afford it" look several times, and I thought it was just my impression. Apparently they just can imagine that you can live without complementary insurance.
Your mittens are really nice, I love them!

Kara Swan said...

Em I LOVE the fingerless gloves! I'm so proud of you for learning how to knit- something I've tried over the years and have not succeeded in.

I think TH is funny. I'm guessing it's short for the husband? cute.

Can't WAIT to see you!

Phyllis said...

Love the glove! I have a pair of Kuryeon fingerless gloves, too. Even here in California, they come in handy sometimes. Hope you're both feeling better! I need to see the doctor, too--I think I've got bronchitis.

sylvie d said...

What a great pair of gloves! I can't If only I could knit...