Monday, May 28, 2007

A weekend in Prague.

We just got back from a wonderful long weekend in beautiful (and very hot) Prague. We stayed at Guesthouse Lida which is a nice walk outside of the center of town. I wanted to go to Prague after hearing from a lot of friends who'd visited and told me that it's just a gorgeous place to visit. They weren't kidding. The architecture and colors were stunning. It was shocking to walk around many corners and see plaques commemorating Czechs who were shot against different buildings in 1945. We did a lot of walking and a good deal of sweating. We visited the Mucha Museum, the Jewish Museum (a collection of 5 synogogues), and the Czech Cubist Museum. I also had my fair share of goulash, potato pancakes, dumplings, and beer.

The Conservatory.

The Astronomical Clock.

The Jewish Cemetery. They literally piled them on top of each other because they had such a small space to bury everyone.

View from the Castle area.

Walking along the Charles Bridge.

We are SO loved over here.



"Fred and Ginger" by Frank Gehry.

Czech Cubism.

I loved the colors and decoration on this cathedral door.

1 comment:

The Late Bloomer said...

Emily, I'm SO jealous!! I've been wanting to go to Prague for ages -- along with Vienna... My boy and I talked about going a few times, but it never was the right moment. Maybe next year? Who knows. I think springtime must be the best time of year for Prague: not too cold, not too hot. Sounds like you had a great time!