Sunday, April 22, 2007

Preaching to the choir.

For more information about fair trade and how you can help spread the knowledge around your country, please read this article. Yea, Starbucks coffee might not be the most delicious tasting coffee unless you add, like, a gazillion packets of fake sugar and pour in a whole bottle of some incredibly sweet syrup...but it's fair trade. Though, I recommend you first find an independent coffeehouse that sells fair trade. Support the little people in addition to the fair trade industry. Okay, I'll step down from my soapbox now. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish Starbucks were fair trade, but I believe only one of their coffees is certified fair trade, and you have to ask for it to be brewed or else you're just getting whatever non-fair trade is in the pot. At least that's the case in the U.S.

Emily said...

Ugh. Just another reason to never set foot in Starbucks...