Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Podcasts.

I've recently become addicted to podcasts. They're a nice break from my French language studies. Plus they help connect me to the USA. So, I recently listened to a Rick Steves' podcast about French food and faux pas that Americans are prone to do when traveling in France. It was very interesting and right on the money. He talks with two French tour guides who discuss the gastronomy of France as well as break stereotypes that Americans may have about the country, people, and culture. I've learned most of it through the experience of living here as well as through discussions with D.

If you're interested in learning about this too (and have a tad less than an hour to spare) or know someone who is planning on visiting France in the future and would be interested in learning a bit about the food culture and stereotypes, I highly recommend listening to this show. One can listen to it on their computer or ipod, by going here. Enjoy!

No comments: