Monday, January 23, 2006

Who doesn't love Nutella?

This is 3 kilos of Nutella. Can you imagine consuming so much? They made this sized container in honor of Nutella's 40th birthday. We decided to buy it for a friend of Darin's...as a joke. I like Nutella just as much as the next American feminist, but I'm not planning on consuming this much...ever.

Darin dragged me on a run the other day. I haven't run in years. Annecy is a beautiful place to run around...even at night. We ran along the lake and I enjoyed screaming inside as I watched the waves of the clear lake water. Darin tells me that it's supposedly safe to drink the lake water (Lac d'Annecy is one of the cleanest lakes in Europe). No thanks...I see motor boats in there plus our prof told us a story of her swimming in the lake while a rat swam by!

Language classes are going well, but are as frustrating as ever. I got a bit annoyed with one of our profs last week because she constantly laughs at our terrible accents and I was done with it. After she laughed at me, I opened my mouth and said (in English), "But, we're just beginners!". She knew I was pissed because then she tells me (and the rest of the class) to look at things from a positive angle. I think the moral of the story is that I'm supposed to make mistakes so that I can learn the correct pronunciation. Whatever. Then she tells us that when she gets sick, she looks at the positive side...she'll get to lose some weight. She's funny. Then my other prof really frustrated me on Friday. Fifteen minutes before class ends, she hands us a worksheet on telling time in French. With very little explanation, she expects us to be able to say 10:45!? In French, telling time is also like a math problem. Once I figure it out, I'll let you know the answer.

No comments: