Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Conversation at the pool.

The outdoor swimming pool recently opened for the spring/summer/warm weather. My friend and I went there for the first time the other day. I arrived early and decided to do a few laps. While stopped at one of the ends, I asked a fellow swimmer...

Me: "Excuse me, how long is this pool?"
Him: "50 meters."
Me: "Oh. OK. It's bigger than the pool at Les Fins."
Him: "Yep. The other pool's 25 meters (you idiot)."
Me: "Ah! OK. This is an Olympic-sized pool."
Him: "Yes."
Me: "Thanks."

Duh. I knew that already. The allergy meds are causing me to lose IQ points!

And the outdoor pool gave me a little sunburn. Oops.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've cut the allergy pills with other things that keep me alert...which in hindsight hasn't been a good idea. I think loosing some IQ isn't as bad as being on the business end of a woman with temporary ADD. Funny however.

Jennifer said...

Sunburn?? Did you not learn your lesson from my Hawaii-induce agony?

Can you get aloe vera gel in France?

Anonymous said...

Have you tried taking the local bee pollen? - you will be able to find it in the market - its called Pollen in French too. It comes in jars and is like brown, yellow and orange tiny beads. My children call it 'fairy dust'. I take it every day, although I have not got hay fever, but I have just given it to a friend who suffers really badly to try, I'll let you know how she fares on it.