Tuesday, April 22, 2008

You know it's a good day when...

The lady at the local neighborhood market hands you two ripe avocados for free and says it's a gift just because you're nice. And they're not the bruised/incredibly mushy ones either. They're perfect. But realistically, she probably gave them to me because she was in the process of organizing today's produce and recently sifted through the avocado crate, found these two babies, and I was the lucky one to walk through the door at just the right time. Score.

12 comments:

Anne said...

mmm nothing like a perfect avocado.

Victoria said...

yum! don't avocados remind you of california?

Penny said...

I think you're not giving yourself enough credit! She probably appreciates you as a customer :). Isnt it nice when little things like this happen?

BTW I've tagged you on my blog if you feel like doing it - no worries if you dont!

:)

African Kelli said...

Ooh, pay it forward guacamole. I think that might be the best yet.

Rebecca H. said...

Woohoo! Congratulations!

Jennifer said...

BIG score. I love a good avocado. A little olive oil, a little salt and pepper, and I'm a happy girl.

Ruth said...

What are you making with those avocados?

Emily said...

So I enjoyed one for lunch. Plain. And then we shared one for dinner. Chopped up in a salad. They were gooooood.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's lovely! I'm sure it WAS because you're nice AND the other reason. But you're a tad hard on yourself!

Claudia - La Casa nella Prateria said...

I am sure she gave them to you because you're nice. I would!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! That is a score! I love avacado in my salad... YUM!

Rani said...

Mmm. They do look delicious. Hope it's warmer there, than here.