Sunday, February 24, 2008

My first pair of knitted socks.

Pattern: Wendy's Generic Toe-up Sock Pattern
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM (I can't find the ballband to find out the colorway)
Needles: US 2/2.75 mm
Ravelry link


My first pair of socks are done. I thoroughly enjoyed knitting them. I think I might be addicted to sock knitting because as soon as I finished these babies (which I knit along with the Wicked sweater), I started swatching for a pair of socks for TH. Here's a photo of what his socks look like so far:

Pattern: Thuja from Knitty.com
Yarn: STR mediumweight
Colorway: In the Navy
Needles: TBD
Ravelry link

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're beautiful! I've yet to try socks.
Kirsten

Penny said...

They look great! And so does the jumper

:)

christine said...

You've made so much progress in such a short time. You've motivated me to give knitting a try. So far I bought some yarn and needles. Now I just need some instruction.

Jennifer said...

I like the progress on D's socks. hee hee. Great yarn!!

Phyllis said...

Cute! I find sock knitting pretty addictive. :-)

Anonymous said...

Were they hard? Did you need assistance? I just ordered my first sock book, though I've knitted a lot before. I'm wondering if I'll be able to DIY-it.

Sunset Knitter said...

Hey Emily
Congrats on your first pair of socks.
They look great!

Anonymous said...

Oh La La! So, is it difficult to knit socks? I cannot wait, I start my basic knitting class in a week.

Anonymous said...

Socks are very addicting, so I'm not surprised your starting your 2nd pair already.

Nice job on your socks. I can't wait to see the Thuja's

Sarah said...

Yay! Congratulations on your first socks. I'm warning you, it really is addictive.

: )

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats! I hope you become a sock-addict...it's satisfying, fun, and affordable. :D