Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Chez Tiffany & Co.

Many years ago, a group of friends gave me a silver beaded Tiffany bracelet as a birthday gift. I pretty much wear it everyday = I love it. About a month ago, the clasp broke. So I contact Tiffany & Co. to find out how I can get it fixed. They reply with a list of locations in Paris. Luckily, I was going to be in Paris a few weeks after I received this list and decided to visit Chez Tiffany while in town. It is here where I've received the best customer service in France so far. I'm thinking that since this is Tiffany...all repairs are free, right?. In my dreams. I don't even want to talk about how much it cost me to repair the clasp plus ship it to Annecy. It arrived today. This is what it looked like once I got it out of the plastic envelope.
All for a little box. Can we say, wasteful?

2 comments:

islandgirl4ever2 said...

WAOU!!!! That is pretty COOL... So, with the high price you paid for it to be fixed.. you probably felt like you were getting a new gift all over again, n'est-ce pas? Thanks for your post about our cat, Gally...
Is that your dog in the photo? Is he/she a soft-haired Wheaten terrior? If we ever get a dog.. I'd love to get this breed... -Ciao, Leesa

Victoria said...

haha the same thing happened to me recently. was it the "graduated bead" bracelet? i had to take it to SF/Union Square Tiffany and then pay for them to fix it....but they did pay for shipping and it came back all polished and shiny...