Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'm such a slacker.

Sorry for the lack of recent blog posts. I just got back from a three week trip to the USA. I never thought I'd miss Bush country so much. After living in France for 8.5 months, I forgot what it was like to be surrounded by English speakers. Especially those who say "like" and "dude". Oh the feeling of driving a car again. To go shopping in Target was like being in Disneyland. And the choices of restaurants. I think I gained 20 pounds. The first meal my mom made me when I arrived? Cheese fondue. Like I can't get enough of it over here? Call me an addict. And I never used to eat at Taco Bell, but went there TWICE during the trip. I'm embarrassed to say it.

Being back home, I never actually felt like I left which is odd since I've been gone for a pretty long time. Though the news were different. And so many new TV shows! And movies I've never heard of and won't see in France for another few months.

While in NYC, my sis brought me to a friend's party. While I was talking to different people, I would mention that I live in France. "In Paris?", they would ask. "No. It's a town called, Annecy...it's in the French Alps...it's 30 minutes south of Geneva". As the night progressed, people would again ask the same thing, "What's it like living in Paris?". I got tired of correcting them so I started to answer..."Oh, it's FABulous."

Paris is not the only city in France, people.

No comments: